Egypt:* An Egyptian Christian teenager escaped from her Muslim kidnappers last week, hours after they had drugged her on a public bus. Compass Direct reported that they threatened to rape her and convert her to Islam if her family did not leave their Nile Delta city of El-Mahala el-Kobra. Held in Cairo’s southern Helwan suburb, Laurence Wagih Emil, 15, escaped the ground-floor room at 10 p.m. on Tuesday, October 3rd while her captors were away, breaking their Ramadan fast. Before family members recovered her, State Security Investigation officials interviewing Laurence Emil told her she would never see her parents again unless she reported a false story, denying the kidnapping. Read More
- Thanksgiving to God for delivering Laurence from her captors; and for her courage and determined resistance during this terrible ordeal.
- That Laurence’s attackers will be brought to justice.
- That the Lord will provide honest and unprejudiced law enforcement officials for this investigation.
- For God’s mighty hand of protection, and the peace of Jesus for this family.
- For all believers living in Egypt; for their deliverance from their enemies.
- For the salvation of all the unbelievers in Egypt.